After church, we drove out to Wasilla, where Sarah’s (Kristen’s friend) uncle owns a cool cabin by a secret creek, the name of which I have sworn not to disclose.
Silver salmon were what we were after. I was told that silvers were hard to catch since they tend to put up a good fight. It took me a while to learn how to cast the right distance – it went into the trees a few times. I was a novice for sure, but it was a lot of fun. (You skilled fishermen can stop laughing at me now!)
We were out there for a few hours, and by the end of the day, I, the novice, caught THREE – let me repeat, THREE – fish!! I had to let one go, since the limit of the day was two. They weren’t kidding about the silvers putting up a fight. They flipped and jumped around so hard that they left a large red spot on my stomach from the stabbing fishing pole! It was such a blast, though!!
2 comments:
How FUN! I can't believe you clubbed that poor fish, though. Sheesh.
That's kind of gross! haha - U do love your salmon... That fish was a big as you! I wouldnt wanna touch them cuz... well you know how I am - but it's seriously cool that you did that! Good for you!
Post a Comment