On my Labor Day off, I was invited to go blueberry picking, an event that I had no idea could last all day. We woke up bright and early and drove to
I guess sometimes you would have enough time to get out, walk around, check the tires, use the restroom in the woods (like Kristall), or run through the Chinese fire drill a few times. (By the way, I’m not sure why it’s called ‘Chinese’ fire drill - I was never taught this as a child. Plus, if we tried this in Taiwan, we'd get run over for sure!) Well, I got Megan to climb up on the roof of the car with me, just to get a better view of the construction/traffic and wave at the cars behind us.
We also stopped to take pictures of the Matanuska Glacier, which was awesome!!
The cabins
A random 'Volvo graveyard'
The blueberries were small and sour, not what I was used to. We picked for a couple of hours, and then took a lunch break. I had salmon quesadilla for lunch, which I had always wanted to try. It was yummy!! We picked for a couple more hours after lunch and ended up with 5-6 buckets! It was a great Labor Day!
Us on the rock
3 comments:
Gorgeous! Wish I was there! Are the blueberries the t-iny ones, like Maine blueberries?
Yes, I wouldn't eat them "raw"! We're planning on making blueberry pancakes. It was more for the experience... :-)
Hope you find lots of interesting ways to use up all those berries. Sounds like a great way to spend Labor Day. And those scenic pics are gorgeous. You're going to have to dedicate a whole wall of your next house to your Alaska pics.
P.S. We got your post card and put it on the fridge to remind us of you.
Post a Comment