Thursday, January 14, 2010

Roadtrip to Alaska: Day 11 & Day 12


Day 11 (1/2): San Francisco --> Eureka, CA

Another cloudy/rainy day in California! I'm not sure why I bring rain everywhere I go. :-) But despite the not-so-sunny California, I always enjoy being in San Fran!


AT&T Park - Home of the Giants!
Can't go to San Fran without visiting Pier 39!
But for some reason, there was a lack of sea lions!
The Rock!
If you're Asian...can't go to San Fran without going to Chinatown. And if you're Asian...can't go to Chinatown without dim sum!!
Also can't go to San Fran without seeing the Golden Gate Bridge!
Nearing northern California - the cute little town of Mendocino!
Beach in Mendocino
The further north we went, the more cloudy it got. Well, it was more like foggy. But it was still beautiful!



Day 12 (1/3): Eureka, CA --> Portland, OR

Even though this is way late, we'll just pretend it's still Jan 3rd...so happy birthday Maria and April!


So, going through Redwood National Park is almost a must when passing through northern CA. And yes, I felt very insignificant standing next to the giant trees (just physically, not emotionally)! :-)

I was just constantly amazed, even after seeing hundreds of trees.
I could live inside these trees...
This could be a really cool treehouse
More of the coast
I love Oregon - partially because it's the home of the Ducks and the Beavers!

State Capitol in Salem, OR
Which superhero is that?
I was ecstatic about staying in downtown Portland for the night - definitely on my top 5 list of favorite U.S. cities!!

1 comment:

ashleigh said...

Those trees are amazing. Absolutely amazing.