Day 9 (12/31): Santa Monica --> Malibu --> Monterey
Today's trip was the most scenic drive so far, as we stayed on the Pacific Coastal Highway (Route 1) almost the entire time. The geographical/climate differences between southern CA (beginning of the drive) and central CA (end of the drive) were very clear, and interesting...
We started in Santa Monica, which, similar to San Diego and LA, were primarily white sandy beaches and coconut trees, etc... seemed like it stays summer year-round. (After having jogged down Santa Monica Blvd, I will never listen to Sheryl Crow'a song "All I Wanna Do" the same again...) How would you like that for a neighborhood?
I was pleasantly surprised to see Pepperdine University as we passed through Malibu - I had forgotten it was in Malibu How would you like that for a college campus?
The other home of the Waves (not quite as cool as the Green Wave, though) ;-) The Pepperdine Chapel
I don't think I've ever seen so many cyclists in one place (until I go to the Tour de France) - What a beautiful place to train!!
Now we're slowing getting away from the coconut tree summer feel...We're entering wine country
But the coast was still magnificent as ever!
First sky picture of the blog entry :-)
Mission San Luis Obispo - built in 1772
The Mission behind these white trees - I don't know what they are but I really like them!
More of the coast!!
Have I mentioned it's beautiful?
Sun starting to set - also when I cling to my camera the tighest! Ha! Why does the sun set so quickly?!?
:-)
:-) :-)
At one of the vista points, this guy was clearly singing a song he had written - it was called "Bunny on my head at sunset"...
We met up w/ my aunt and cousins in Monterey, but they were too tired from their advantures of the day, so Mama and I walked around the Old Fisherman's Wharf
Monterey Harbor was pretty quiet for New Year's Eve, but it was very beautiful
"Peace On Earth"
Happy New Year, everyone!!
No comments:
Post a Comment