Day 13 (1/4): Portland, OR --> Olympia, WA --> Seattle
A rainy day in Portland is a sad day! I was hoping to be able to get out and walk around one of my favorite cities, but alas, I had to resort to driving. My poor GPS lady was so confused with all the one-way streets...it was actually quite hilarious!
View of downtown from our hotel room
And what am I doing taking pictures and not holding on to the wheel...?? ...yeah, yeah!
Qwest Field - home of the Seahawks...and Seattle, hidden in the rain clouds!
Fortunately, the rain stopped for a good while in the evening, so we were able to walk around...it was quite pleasant!

I had been to Seattle years ago but didn't remember much. After this visit, though, Seattle is now on my list of favorite U.S. cities as well!!
Chinatown...had to check it out!!
We found this bakery/cafe - how can one resist?!?
...especially since they had bubble tea!!!!
And of course, the Space Needle!!
That night, we stayed with John and Britt, old friends from Tulane. It had been years since I last saw them! Real quick about Britt: she was quite the sharp-shooter from downtown at Tulane - I believe she still holds the highest 3-point % today!! She was also one of the main charaters in the Portland room service theft that was mentioned previously - although she
No comments:
Post a Comment