Monday, January 18, 2010

Roadtrip to Alaska: Day 14 & Day 15


Day 14 (1/5): Seattle, WA --> Vancouver, BC

I dropped my mom off at the airport this morning, so I'm officially flying solo from now on!! I was very excited that I got to see Deadra before I left Seattle, on her birthday. She came to meet me for breakfast from Bainbridge Island! Thanks Deadra!!
Since Vancouver was not that far away from Seattle, I decided to take a detour to explore some islands in northern WA, and I'm glad I did! I think my middle name should be "Detour"! :-)
Deception Pass
Useless Bay - nothing extremely special about here, I just liked the name...
I'm a fan of reflection

Day 15 (1/6): Vancouver, BC
I got to see Cindy's family in Vancouver for the first time since elementary school! One of the biggest blessings of this trip was reconnecting with many people that I hadn't seen in a long time, and I loved it!!

The beach on UBC campus
View of downtown Vancouver from the beach
At first, I had no idea what I was paying for gas. Plus, I had to mentally convert to the metric system that I haven't used since I was a child. It was very difficult!
I love the Olympics! So I was really looking forward to seeing all the Olympic preparations in the city! BC Place - where the opening and closing ceremonies will take place
View of downtown from North Vancouver


Canadian pride, eh? :-)
I was getting excited about the Olympics just walking around...

The official clock counting down to the Olympics...

I love Vancouver!! :-)

1 comment:

ashleigh said...

Loved seeing two of my good friends in one picture together!